Moong Dal Laddu
Moong Dal Laddu Recipe
Being born in an Indian household, Laddu is a very well known sweet that you will get on your plate very frequently. If there’s a festival, you will get ladoos and if there’s not, even then you will be getting ladoos stuffed into your mouth by your loved ones. And the best part is, you can add a lot of ingredients of your choice to make your own version of ladoo. Then why not turn this well-loved sweet treasure into a healthy one?
Rashmi and Abhay, the owner of a health and wellness channel The Glowing Foodies are here to bring you a healthy version of the famous ladoos. They have been encouraging people to indulge more in a plant-based diet for living a healthy life. This healthy Moong dal laddu recipe by this duo is loaded with dry fruits and you can eat them without worrying about your diet. You can make these by using no refined sugar and very minimal ghee or oil. You can get the best quality jaggery, dry fruits, peanut butter, and olive oil delivered to your doorstep through Wellcurve healthy online store.
INGREDIENTS Serving : serves 3-4
- Yellow split Moong dal- 1 cup
- Fox nuts- 1 cup
- Almonds- 1cup
- Cashews- ½ cup
- Pistachios- ½ cup
- Raisins- ½ cup
- Dried apricots, chopped finely- 8 or 9
- Deseeded dates- ½ cup
- Peanut butter- 1 tbsp
- Ghee/olive oil- 5 tbsp
- Jaggery powder- 1 tbsp
- Green cardamoms- 3 tp 4
You can store these Moong Dal ladoos in your refrigerator inside an airtight container very easily. This is a very easy and quick recipe that you can make in your kitchen. You can enjoy these sweets even with some tea, coffee or milk. As it is loaded with the goodness of nuts, moong dal, and jaggery, it’s a fantastic snack for your kids as well to keep them warm and strong in winters.
How to Make Moong Dal Laddu
- Dry roast the fox nuts and keep them aside separately from the other dry fruits.
- Dry roast the moong dal till it’s golden in color and keep it aside to let it cool down completely.
- Grind the cashews, pistachios, almonds, and green cardamom but don’t forget to keep them slightly coarse. Now grind the roasted fox nuts and roasted moong dal separately to a fine powder.
- It’s time to add the ghee or olive oil to a pan and let it melt. Then add the moong dal powder and cook it very well until it turns brown and fragrant.
- Now add fox nuts powder to the cooked moong dal and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add jaggery powder, stir and then add the rest of the powdered nuts and turn off the flame.
- Add chopped dates as well in the moong dal and nut mixture and break them with the spatula for good distribution.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add peanut butter and apricots into it.
- Toss the entire mixture well with both hands to ensure that no lumps are left and start making small, round ladoos out of it.
- Garnish the ladoos with cashews pieces on top and you are all set to bring a smile to your loved ones’ faces with the delicious and healthy handmade sweets.